2009年5月9日 星期六

不游得 - About swimming

Maybe it is unwise to go swimming amid swine flu, but i have done it today. Who's fxxking cares? Why do i want to talk about swimming? There are a few reasons, swimming is almost the only good thing i would do, i am really grateful to have such a healthy habit. Also i have read Murakami Haruki's "what i talk about when i talk about running"(即村上春樹的《關於跑步,我說的其實是⋯⋯》, 中譯版推出了相當一段時間了), that inspires me. (Actually i have yet to finish it, it is a very nice book, i will likely to share my feeling for it once i finish.)

Many people know how to swim pretty well, but i am not one of them. I am too weak for freestyle, too aggressive for backstroke, too struggled for breast stroke, and, too tired for butterfly stroke. Perhaps swimming is funny for you, but i want to say, it is a suffering for me. I have a friend (Dennis) who is really good at swimming and he is my coach (but not very professional). At first, he teached me how to do freesytle, when i was a novice for swimming. No matter how hard he taught, how hard i tried, i just could not do it for 50 metres. In that summer, the utmost i could do is just about 25m. As you could see in swimming pool, many old man, old woman, even baby girl, can do 100 more metres easily, and you could understand how frustrated i was. In the next summer, it's better - 40 metre. Some of my friends, those did not know how to swim very well and received no train, could finish 50 metre easily. You could see someone who keep waving his body in the water, but didn't move any forward. Yes, it is me. It made me feel some kind of depression, and some kind of angry. I have done it unremittingly, I spent all my time, why i can't make it ? The another side of pool seem too far to reach, my body seem too heavy to float. I was hydrophobic. Maybe basketball or running was a better chioce for me.

But i dont know why, i just haven't given up at that time. Never think of me that i am a tough guy, i am not, definitely. Maybe my ancestry have done somethings, ghost knows? As i saw all the people surpassing me, i just kept waving my body, not very nice-looking, unremittingly. Sometimes others would think of that i was drowned. I crawled in the water, metre by metre. One day, i found i can reach the another side of pool, despite slowly - I made it. That 50 metres made me a shining moment in my life. So i could do as good as my friends, Yeah~

So how about how far i can go now? Over 1000 metre, i am not kidding. But my pace is still low, i can just do it slowly. It doesn't matter, i am not going to win someone, i just want to do it better. It is very slow progressing, but i make it go forward, i drill it inch by inch. Maybe it is a solely a kind of rigid, i dont know. Only little people is a inborn winner, for someone like me with no any talent and brillant mind, i am glad to have this kind of rigid - Maybe it is my lalent.

沒有留言:

張貼留言